Announcing Theme and Dates
National Day of Prayer & Fasting
Sunday 7 February 2016 in Canberra and in local churches around Australia
Pre-events: Saturday 30 January, or at a convenient time in the next week,
in states, regions, cities, towns and communities
followed by 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting
10 February – 20 March 2016
Mark your calendar now!
By registering your interest in these events you will receive updates to prepare you.
We are excited to announce that in 2016 there will be a number of ways for you to take part in the National Day of Prayer & Fasting in Canberra and in different locations around the country.
Our goal is to have as many Christians and churches as possible observe this day and pray together for revival and transformation for Australia.
1. You are invited to go to Canberra to pray with others in the Great Hall of Parliament House on Sunday 7 February 2016 from 10 am – 4 pm. Christians from all denominations united together in prayer in our seat of Government is a powerful testimony to our leaders.
2. Each local church Australian-wide is encouraged to participate in the National Day of Prayer & Fasting where they are on 7 February 2016. Suggestions, including a Declaration and Prayer for Australia, will be provided on this website.
3. Individuals or groups of people can watch online the live webcast from the Great Hall in Parliament House in Canberra on 7 February 2016.
4. As well as this, in 2016, we hope to have a State Day of Prayer & Fasting in each capital city as a pre-event on Saturday 30 January 2016. This will prepare the way for the National Day as well as allow those who cannot travel to Canberra to be involved in public united prayer across denominations.
5. As well as this, in 2016 we are encouraging many regional and local pre-events (in cities, towns, communities, para-church groups, home groups, prayer groups or other groups) on Saturday 30 January 2016, or at a convenient time in the week leading up to the National Day of Prayer & Fasting. This will allow even more Christians to be part of this prayer movement to see revival and transformation in our nation.
Watch this new DVD with its prayer for Australia from Prayercast
which was released for the National Day of Prayer & Fasting 2015